The 2023 Clear Falls Knights Band marching season is underway! We are looking forward to a great year! We’ll try to keep you updated each week with highlights of what’s going on and how you can help support our band and guard. It takes a village!!
Some Important Notes for the Upcoming Season:
- Please bookmark the band Website, it will have the weekly creed and is a great source of info. Clear Falls Band Website Follow us on Facebook and download the Band App for communications. Clear Falls Band Booster Club
- Every Volunteer must have a cleared background check before the first game. Please complete the application CCISD Volunteer Application and forward your email verification to your committee chair or to Melissa if you have not signed up for a specific committee.
- Contact information for the Executive Booster Board and Committee Chairs can be found on our band website. Boosters
Equipment Knight was yesterday, 7/29. This is where students/parents order everything they need for the marching season. If you have not placed your order yet, you need to get it in ASAP! You can order online from the Band Store. Please reach out to Melissa or Eden if you have any questions about ordering.
Popsicle Thursdays will begin this week! Sheri Carey is heading up the popsicle committee this year and has created an Instagram page to get feedback from the kids on which popsicles they like best. Follow along here and reach out to Sheri if you’d like to help!
We are currently running a Yard Sign Fundraiser through August 13th. Signs will be ready for distribution on August 20th. Your booster club will give you the information regarding when and where to pick up your sign. Click this link to order.
The Boosters are having a cookout at the Parent Performance – Friday, August 18th @ 7pm. We are planning to have pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs, sides and drinks and will be looking for volunteers to help with cooking and passing out food after the performance. We’ll be sending out a sign up sheet soon so look for more information to come!
Props/Roadies – If you have signed up to volunteer for props and/or loading crew, you should have received the following email this week. If you haven’t signed up yet and would like to join this committee, please reach out to Stacey Aubin. (713) 837-6520
This team is responsible for loading, unloading, assembling and getting all equipment, instruments and props on the field for all football games and contests. Please know that there is a job for everyone, regardless of your ability or knowledge of power tools! Without this group of volunteers our kids could not do what they do, the show literally cannot go on without us!
Here are a few things to note for the upcoming season.
- We will have our first meeting directly after the parent performance on Friday 8/18. The props and trailers will be set up for a quick introduction to the team and this year’s props.
- I will send out weekly emails for volunteer sign ups including the link to the sign up sheet.
- Performance times, field entry, prop placement, etc is always changing and evolving. The first few games are chaotic as we learn how each new prop goes into the trailers, and how we are going to get them on the field, so please be patient with us. We will have it down like clockwork by the end of the season.
- We will schedule a parent practice during one of the after school rehearsals prior to the use of props, so be on the lookout for that invite.
- The stadium practice currently scheduled for 9/25 is our opportunity to practice our prop placement before the first contest. It is super important so mark your calendars now!
Props for this year’s show
- 10 back panels
- 4 domes
- 12 Front vinyl panels
- Center stage feature
Work that still needs to be completed
- Vinyl attached to front panels
- Vinyl attached to back panels
- Center stage needs paint and/or vinyl. Waiting on final show design
- Final field placement
We need parent volunteers for all of the below times/jobs.
- Loading trucks/trailers before games, meet time 3pm. Takes approx. 1 hour
- Unloading, assembly of props and staging at stadium meet time approx. 5:30. Takes approx. 1.5 Hours
- Half time, meet at the end of second quarter, Takes approx. 30 minutes
- Loading truck/trailer after performance, takes approximately 30 minutes
- Unloading at HS after football game/contest, takes approximately 30 minutes
Please reach out to the Boosters with any questions!
Melissa Deuel, President
Stacey Aubin, VP Band
Ann Steen, VP Color Guard
Eden Dejvongsa, Treasurer
Christine Hansen, Secretary