“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”-Leo Tolstoy-
Color Guard Changes
- The Clear Falls Knights Band would like to give a very heartfelt farewell to Sarah Cole who will be stepping down as Color Guard Director. She has faithfully served the students of Clear Falls for many years and we wish her the best in her future endeavors.
- The Clear Falls Band would like to announce our new guard director, Mrs. Nycole Clyburn. Mrs. Clyburn has taught Color Guard for many years and is currently a certified music teacher at Wedgewood Elementary in CCISD! We are very excited to have Mrs. Clyburn on our team for next year!
- The Clear Falls Band would also like to announce our new assistant guard director, Ms. Zoea Holubec. Zoea is a 2018 graduate of Clear Falls High School and served as our guard captain for two years. Zoea was also in the final rounds of tryouts with the Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corp this past summer. She will be joining our team to assist with the daily classes. We look forward to her help alongside of Mrs. Clyburn!
Notes for Parents & Students:
- The Band Banquet was a tremendous evening! Thank you to all of the parents who contributed to make last night a memorable experience. A special thank you to Crystal Frison for coordinating this event.
- The May 10th Spring Concert that was cancelled due to inclement weather may be rescheduled. Mr. Moreno will speak with the school about possible dates to reschedule. In the event we cannot reschedule the event, the band final exam will happen on the dates scheduled for the actual final exams during class time in finals week. More information to follow Monday. The auditorium is very booked for the rest of the year and the dates and times might be unconventional to make this event happen this year.
- Booster club annual Spring Meeting and Officer Elections will be held during one of the changeovers at the concert. Agenda
- Mini grade marching camp will be held at CFHS from May 20-23rd. 5-7 pm We will be learning new music and learning our new marching technique. Attendance is mandatory for all band students for the 2019-20 school year. We may have a parent showcase for all band parents on the 23rd, more information to follow…….
- Tomorrow the Knights Band will hold interviews for students who are interested in obtaining the positions of Drum Major and Guard Captain. Please clear the band hall immediately so we can begin with the Drum Major portion of the interviews at 2:45 pm and the guard interviews will begin immediately after. This is to accommodate Mrs. Clyburn to be present for the guard portion. The drum major conducting tryout is set for Friday 5/17.
- The Knights Band Directors will be selecting the 2019-2020 student leadership this week. We’d like to thank all who applied. We will select those we feel will are most deserving to serve in various positions and those that best suit the band program’s needs. As always, we try to do what is best for the program so thank you for your support of our decisions in advance.
Events this week:
- Monday, May 13th: Drum Major/Guard Captain Interviews. 2:45 pm to ??
- Thursday, May 16th: Full Orchestra Rehearsal 3:30-5:00 pm
- Friday, May 17th: Drum Major Conducting Tryouts, 2:45-??
- Color Guard Tryouts are on the week of May 20-23rd. 5-7 pm at the clear falls gym.
- Please spread the word to get more guard students. We are looking to have two guards next year if the numbers permit.