“On Winter’s Breath”
Featuring the music Symphonic Movement by Nelhýbel, Journey through the Snow by Tchaikovsky, Ein Heldenleben by Strauss, and Lost by Chambers.
- Movement 1, Winter Approaches, featuring soloist Kaitlyn Johnson.
- Movement 2, Journey through the Snow, featuring Americo Zapata on flugelhorn.
- Movement 3, Breaking the Ice–Winter Wonderland.
Drum Majors are Maggie Davidson, Tarryn Goldner, Sydney Ortega, and Jorden Zepeda.
Directed by Brian Moreno with Russell Zavalla, Nathan Valdez, and Color Guard Director, Nichole Clyburn with Zoea Holubec.
Friendswood Marching Contest, September 28, 2019
- Qualified for finals and placed 6th overall.
- Best showing in CFHS history for this contest!
Galena Park Marching Contest, October 5, 2019
- The Knights Band placed 1st in the competing bands and 1st among the 6A bands, with the highest score in one of the marching captions in the entire contest.
- Knights percussion also placed first in their ratings.
Gulf Coast Classic Marching Contest, October 12, 2019
- 2nd place in preliminaries under UIL rules; 2 of the 5 judges rated us 1st place!
- 2nd place in finals under BOA rules.
- A best-ever showing against this field!
UIL, Region 17, October 19, 2019
- Division 1, Superior Rating (All 1s)
Cypress Classic Marching Contest, October 26, 2019
- Class IV, 2nd Place.
- Alas, did not make finals against an extremely talented field from the greater Houston Area, but a closeout of an outstanding year of growth and commitment.