“The value of life is not in its duration, but in its donation. You are not important because of how long-Myles Munroe-
you live, you are important because of how effective you live”
- The Knights Band Parent Showcase was a HUGE success! We had the biggest turnout we have ever had and we appreciate the support! The band looked and sounded very strong and we are off to an incredible start.
- In the announcements at the Showcase, Mr. Moreno forgot some VERY IMPORTANT recognitions. A Very Special thank you to our illustrious CCISD school board for their amazing support! Dr. Dupont attended our performance and we would like to thank you for your support, guidance, and friendship to our program! Thank you to Dr. Greg Smith, our Superintendent of Schools, for his support of Fine Arts and teachers across the district. Mr. Greg Goodman, our Director of Visual and Performing Arts, for his hard work to make sure the students have the resources they need to meet the highest standards in our district. My sincerest apologies for forgetting these CORNERSTONES of our program.
- Thank you to all of the volunteers who made Friday a success. The parents helping with food, drinks, snacks, uniforms, etc. We cannot do all of this without you!
Fundraiser Class Competition:
- Students, parents and families! We are raising funds for the Band Boosters to help support activities (including in thanks for the purchase of the fabulous trailer!).
- Each Class is in a competition to raise funds. Donations of $5 and above will be recorded by the drum major assigned to each class. Any class that exceeds $1500 will be acknowledged on the trailer.
- Class of 2020: Maggie
- Class of 2021: Sydney
- Class of 2022: Jorden
- Class of 2023: Tarryn
- Students, the way to meet the class goals is to reach out and ask family and friends to support the band! Checks can be made out to “Clear Falls Band Boosters” and write class of 20XX on the subject line.
- Progress is posted in the band hall, and will be announced. The top class will receive a special reward.
Notes for Parents and Students
- We will begin our weekly band rehearsal schedule tomorrow Monday August 19th. The days and times are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 3:30-6:00 pm (Guard 4:30-7:00 pm). Wednesdays are off for students so please plan events like doctor’s visits, dentist visits, etc. accordingly. We will begin our attendance policy and enforce consequences outlined in the handbook for lack of attendance and tardiness. Rehearsal attendance is also a part of the grades for our classes.
- As we begin our first week of school, students will have about 1 hour after school before band begins. ALL BAND STUDENTS are REQUIRED to be in the band hall by 2:45 and not out in the hallways or walking around the campus. We build the 1 hour of time into our schedule to allow students time for homework or practice ONLY in the band hall. WE PUSH ACADEMICS FIRST IN OUR PROGRAM. Having said that, homework is not an excused absence per our handbook so students really need to be disciplined about when assignments are to be completed. Students may also bring a HEALTHY snack to eat at this time.
- Students utilizing school owned instruments will be added to the Skyward fees. The cost is $100 for the year ($50 per semester). Percussion will NOT be included this year.
- Please be on the lookout for more information this week on when equipment that is ordered is to be handed out.
- IMPORTANT CALENDAR CHANGE: Our Winter Concert is on the events calendar for November 30th. It has been changed to Tuesday December 3rd at 6:30 pm. We usually do Fridays, but this year with the Thanksgiving Holidays being a week later and region band being on that Friday, we needed to put it to where we could get it done and not interfere with other organizations on our campus. The start time is :30 minutes earlier due to the fact that it is a school night. As far as we know now, this is not an evening of testing, but if any changes need to be made we will notify you as soon as we can.
- This year, the band directors will be enforcing “Pass-offs for the show”. More details to follow.
Events this week:
- Monday August 18th: First Day of School! Marching Band 3:30-6:00 pm
- Tuesday August 19th: Marching Band 3:30-6:00pm.
- Wednesday August 20th: No rehearsal, clear band hall
- Thursday August 21st: Marching Band 3:30-6:00 pm.
- Friday August 22nd: NO REHEARSALS/NO GAME
Notes on schedule conflicts with other activities:
- We do not begin learning drill until after 4 pm to accommodate for our students who are in band and football. Please report to us immediately after practice so we can learn drill. Football players are also totally excused from rehearsal on Thursdays due to their games. We will NOT learn any new drill on Thursdays so our athletes can not fall behind.
- Any students in multiple events, must share time daily with their activities and band. Please communicate any possible conflicts with Mr. Moreno immediately. School sponsored events will be treated differently than non-school sponsored events.
- Color Guard Rehearsals will begin 1 hour after the band begins and 1 hour after the band finishes. The times are 4:30- 7 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
- Mrs. Clyburn will be sending an additional email with more details this evening. Please be on the lookout.