“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.”-Pele-
- Can you say SUPERIOR? Now say it 4 times in a row! That’s our band and guard program. Congrats to the band/guard on earning our 4th Unanimous Superior ratings, for 4 years in a row. Well done! Thank you for enduring the heat at contest and going straight into the Homecoming Game. You are troopers!
- A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU, to our parent volunteers yesterday. From props, to trucks, plumes, water distribution, to those who helped at the contest, the Knights Band parents were a MAJOR part of the students’ success. It’s humbling to the directors to see that all are motivated and determined to see their students succeed.
Notes for Parents and Students
- NO REGION TESTS THIS WEEK! We will begin region band sign ups very soon. Please visit with your student regarding region participation. The choices are 9th grade region, region orchestra, and region band. More details to follow.
- UPDATE: Monday October 21st was scheduled as our stadium rehearsal. We have decided to change the time to 3:30-6:00 at our band parking lot. WE WILL STILL REHEARSE, but not at the stadium. My apologies for changing this so late to our chaperones. Thank you for your help and willingness for our students!
- Homecoming week was fun! Thank you band students for enduring the weather and being flexible for the parade and pep rally on Wednesday.
- The Final contest will be at the Berry Center in Cypress, TX. It will be an early call time and, possibly, a late return time. This will be the hardest contest of the year. If the Knights Band can make finals at this contest, it will be a MONUMENTAL achievement for the growth of our program. There will be 27 bands total, and the competition for the 10 finals spots is IMMENSE. More details can be found in the Cypress Showcase Marching Festival page.
Events this week:
- Monday 10/21: Band Rehearsal 3:30-6:00 pm
- Tuesday 10/22: Band Rehearsal 3:30-6:00 pm
- Wednesday 10/23: No Rehearsal
- Thursday 10/24: Band Rehearsal 3:30-6:00 pm
- Friday 10/25: Game vs. Clear Lake HS; (Kickoff at 7 pm, Visitors at Challenger Stadium)
- Saturday 10/26: 2019 Cypress Showcase Marching Festival
- Congrats Guard on UIL!!
- Guard rehearsals will be from 4:30-7:30 on Monday/Tuesday/ Thursday
- Winter guard season starts very soon!!!!!!